To celebrate the Grant’s 15th anniversary, the 2023 MNI Grant was awarded to two outstanding projects, the 2nd one from India
‘Structured Medical Nutrition Training to identify Malnutrition’ submitted by India Association for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (IAPEN).
The project aims to train 10,000 healthcare professionals over 3 years, across India to identify and diagnose malnutrition via special trained multidisciplinary task force and a structured training module. The training module would encompass definition of malnutrition, impact of malnutrition and tools for screening and assessment of malnutrition (MUST, GLIM, NUTRIC Scores, Dietary Diversity Scores, and Handgrip Dynamometry ).
The award was consigned by MNI President, Angelika Müller, to Prof. Marcin Folwarski, Medical University of Gdansk, and Dr. Varma Shilpa, Fortis Hospital, Noida/Mumbai during the MNI Grant Ceremony held during the ESPEN congress on 13 September 2023 in Lyon, France.
MNI would like to acknowledge the other high-level applications received, whose posters are available here below:
- Providing experienced gastroenterologists in Poland with comprehensive tools designed to assess nutritional status and implement optimal nutritional management strategies in patients with gastroenterological disorders – endorsed by POLSPEN
- Nutritional status of high-risk IVF patients: impact on obstetrical complications / A prospective cohort study at Brussels IVF, Belgium – endorsed by VVKVM
- Core outcome set in oropharyngeal dysphagia – International consensus on how to define and assess the severity of oropharyngeal dysphagia – endorsed by ESSD
- Bench to Bedside / Scientific based nutritional therapy in daily clinical practice – endorsed by GESKES
- CAN DReaM International A Policy Approach to Address Disease-Related Malnutrition – endorsed by SFNCM & CNS
- A new quick method to assess skeletal muscle mass: feasible for large cohorts? – endorsed by NESPEN
- Dysphagia and Disease Related Malnutrition in Head and Neck Cancer Patients – endorsed by AKE
- Diaphragm volume and quality in ICU patients: the new ‘nutrition parameter’ kid in town? Associations with protein provision, corticosteroid and muscle relaxant use – endorsed by NESPEN
- An Observational Study Documenting the Spectrum of Malnutrition in General Surgical Admissions with Associated Outcomes – endorsed by SASPEN
- A survey of the use of artificial nutrition in patients with hypermobility disorders in selected intestinal failure units in England to establish the extent of use of artificial nutrition and rates of complications associated with the use of artificial nutrition in this group of patients. Subtitle: A survey of the use of artificial nutrition in patients with joint hypermobility – endorsed by BAPEN
- Relation between the outcomes of cancer patients on Home Parenteral Nutrition and GLIM criteria and Karnofsky score – endorsed by AANEP
- Establishment of clinical nutrition units in specialized medical centers hospitals – endorsed by EgSPEN
- Nutritional desynchronization in patients with nocturnal parenteral nutrition – endorsed by NESPEN